Top-ads

How to choose the best foundation shade?

By | 12/08/2014 8 comments
One of the most difficult makeup things is "choosing the best foundation shade". I had a lot of problems choosing it and sometimes I bought the wrong texture, during the years I read a lot about it and I've found my infallible technique. 

When I go to a new makeup store I choose some shades that seem similar to my skin and I put a bit of them in my jawline or in alternative in the middle of the chest. 
I determine the color that looks more similar to my shade just blending it: if it seems to disappear, well is the One I need!
The color fountation, as the concelear, is the most important makeup secret so please don't choose it without trying and buy always the right shade!

Newer Post Older Post Home

8 comments:

  1. Great tip - I always test on my jaw/neck because it is the most true color match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, you can also check the color of your veins to determine if you are yellow or pink toned which is a big helper when picking out foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome article! You don't know how many women and young ladies I've had to re-match because their "normal" shade was wrong. ( I used to manage a makeup counter brand at Macy's.... A long time ago!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can Imagine.. This beauty tip can be a trick if you choose the wrong texture! :) thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. hmmm I never tried it that way. Maybe this is why I don't have the right foundation color. I can never figure out how to match it right for my skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well choosing the right one needs time. Is not like a lipstick, you know, I had the wrong shade forever until I discovered this tip. Try and let me know! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete